Tuesday, February 24, 2009

San Francisco Trip

Asher and I are finally home from our trip to San Francisco. We had a lot of fun, the weather could've been better but we made the best out of it. I was really amazed at how well Asher did on the plane, this being his first plane ride and all. He was so good, he didn't cry once! And after getting him up at 5:30am and him NOT falling back asleep the whole car ride to Vegas (well ok he slept for about 20 minutes) I was completely surprised he wasn't extremely cranky. But he was the perfect little boy, h e slept the first part of the plane ride and was awake playing with his neighbors the other part. Here is a picture of him right before take off.

Once we landed in San Fran (about 11am) James picked us up at baggage claim and then we were off to have some fun. First we stopped by the hotel to unload all our stuff. We had a great hotel room, with an even better view. Here is a picture of our view..I know, it's cloudy, but it was still a great view. We also had lunch at the little diner that was at the hotel. The food was ok, but the service was great. There was this lady there (who was there everyday we were), she just loved Asher and he loved her back. Of course he always has a great smile for everyone that talks to him.

After lunch and check in we headed for....where else, the Golden Gate Bridge. It had been several years (about 13) since I had last been to San Francisco, I don't remember much about that last trip, but I do know the bridge hasn't changed! It is still aw-inspiring. And just a little scary! I don't remember it being that high! Anyway, here are some more pictures :)







On Sunday we had planned on going to see a show around 5pm but they wouldn't let us in with an infant, James was a little bummed about that, and I was bummed we didn't get to walk around Fisherman's Wharf. The weather wasn't ideal for walking outside. We did get to have a great dinner though, I guess it's crab season in San Fran right now so we made sure we tried some...look at this plate full of crab legs! YUMMY!


Monday James had to make an appearance at the job site so Asher and I hung out at the hotel for most of the day, but James and I were both craving pizza for dinner so we went to this great little place recommended by the locals. It was yummy too! Here is a fun picture of me and Asher at the pizzeria.


It was a fun trip, we didn't do a whole lot. We just spent time with each other and I think that was the most important thing. James and I want to go back the next time he has to check on the job and go see Wicked, it's playing in San Fran now. That should be fun!

We had to get up at 5am this morning to make our flight. We are all pretty tired. But I did manage to get one picture before leaving San Francisco (HA! Barely) It's the view of the bay from our plane window...and just as a side note, Asher was fast asleep on me when I took this picture...that's right, he did a great job with his second plane ride also!

2 interesting comments:

The Roberts Family said...

Fun! That makes me want to take a trip to SanFransico. I've never been! Asher is getting too big! He is so cute!

Aileen Bluhm said...

What a fun trip! It's been about 13 years since I've been to San Francisco too! I'd love to go back soon! It's nice that you and James had a get-away, even if you had a third wheel! ;-)