Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Books and Movies

I love to read, some books I will read over and over because I enjoy them so much (Twilight series, Da Vinci Code, Where the Heart Is, etc.). I also read them more than once because I miss the characters, is that strange? As I'm reading I become a part of their imaginary world and when the book ends I miss them. That's why I love to read a series of books rather than just a single book, because their stories continue. I enjoy when they make books into movies because it gives me an idea of how others interpret the same book, but I also hate it because they always leave things out, things I consider very important. So, that would explain why I am excited and yet not thrilled to go see Angels & Demons, a book by the same author of Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown) that will be out in theaters in May. It stars Tom Hanks again, because it is the same main character, Robert Langdon. I am a big fan of Tom Hanks so I know it will be a great movie, but will it follow the book? Its been such a long time since I've read the book that I may re-read it again. Maybe I'll start it tonight after LOST, and I have a goal to read 10 books this year so that will kill two birds with one stone (hmmm I wonder if my goal was to read 10 NEW books...I better check on that).

On a completely different topic I drove into town today to run some errands and was instantly depressed as I drove down Main Street in Cedar City and found several businesses closing down or already closed. Its scary the way this economy is going. It makes me extremely grateful that James has a job right now. Will it continue to get worse? Will it turn around sooner than later? A neighbor of ours just lost their house and so many others are in fear of losing them. All of this craziness makes me wonder how we, as a nation, don't learn from past mistakes. But then I realize all the times I made mistakes OVER AND OVER again and didn't learn from them until it was too late. I pray that this nation won't be too late! I also pray that my friends and family will find the strength and willingness to make it through these difficult times without losing too much of themselves. I wish I was very wealthy so I could help all my family make it through this mess, but I'm not...maybe one day :)

So until I am very wealthy I'm going to do what makes me happy and that's hanging out with my kids, my husband, enjoying this time I have with them all...and of course scrapping all those memories for you all to see! On that note...here is an adorable page I did with James and Asher! That middle picture of them looking at each other is priceless! Every dad should have a picture of him and his little boy fixing something together!


















Layout Credits:
Kit: Hammers and Nails and Puppy Dog Tails by Scrappin Daisies
Layout: by me!

0 interesting comments: