Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Smoothie A Day...part 7

Well everyone, this is the last day of our 7 part series, A Smoothie A Day.  I've had a lot of fun searching my pantry, freezer and fridge trying to come up with some exciting new smoothie flavors.  I think the coffee one was by far my favorite, but that Almond Joy Smoothie is a very close second.

I wanted to call today's smoothie the "I am sick of winter in Utah and wish I was in the Caribbean instead" smoothie, but that seemed like quite the title for a smoothie so instead I'll just call it...

Put the Lime in the Coconut Smoothie (because I kept singing that line as I was making it)
makes 2 servings

1 frozen banana
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
2 tablespoons shredded coconut
1 lime, juiced
handful spinach
1 serving protein powder
water



Calories (per serving): 261.5
Fat grams (per serving): 2.75

I'm really excited, this 7 part series has led me to another project altogether that I'm working on getting up and going.  It's just in the beginning stages right now so I won't spill the beans but I'm hoping to have it up and running in a about a month.  Stay tuned to this blog to find out what it is and when it's ready.

I think the little man was more excited about the new cups we bought yesterday then about the smoothie.  When I asked him what kind of smoothie he wanted today he said 'chocolate' but I figured everyone else might not be as excited about another chocolate smoothie as my little man was so we compromised on this concoction.



0 interesting comments: