Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Smoothie A Day...part 2

Day 2 of our week long smoothie experiments is a little later today because my 8 month old decided that taking a nap could wait until 12:30pm instead of his normal 10:00am.  Which meant that I couldn't do my workout until his nap, which leads me to the fact that I'm just now enjoying my smoothie for the day at 1:45pm.

Getting Caught in the Rain Smoothie
makes 1 serving


 1 frozen banana
1/2 cup lite coconut milk
1 serving protein powder (today was rice protein and I am hating the chalky taste it is leaving in my mouth.)
1 8oz can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice (I added the chunks and juice)
1 1/2 Tablespoons shredded coconut
1 large handful of fresh spinach
ice

Put everything in a blender and blend.


You like that name of this one right?  "If You Like Pina Coladas..." you'll like this smoothie.  I would tell you that it tastes JUST LIKE a pina colada but you'd make it, try it, realize that it doesn't taste just like a pina colada and never try my other smoothies.  I think if you didn't add the spinach (and added some rum) it would taste pretty darn close (depending on the flavor of your protein powder).  But it does have that tropical taste to it like a pina colada has so give it a try!



Asher, my 3 year old who always drinks my smoothies with me, had his portion of the smoothie almost gone before I was even done taking pictures...that must be equal to two thumbs up...right?



0 interesting comments: