Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Smoothie A Day...part 6

That's right folks, after this one there is only one more smoothie.  Any suggestions?  I have some ideas in my head but I'd love some other opinions and suggestions.  Today's smoothie I can't take complete credit for.  A friend, Brittany, shared this recipe with me, I've just made some slight variations.  Realize that this recipe makes 3 servings, they will be smaller servings than the previous smoothies.  There are a lot of rich ingredients in this smoothie so that's why I've made it 3 servings.  You could also cut out the almonds all together and cut out 5 grams of fat and 63 calories per serving.

Almond Joy Smoothie
makes 3 servings

1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
4 tablespoons shredded coconut (my coconut is sweetened because I use it for baking, if yours is unsweetened I would recommend adding maybe a 1/2 tablespoon of honey or agave nectar to add some sweetness)
1/4 cup silvered almonds
16 dark chocolate chips
ice

Calories (per serving): 235
Fat grams (per serving): 9.2 (Remember a majority of these fat grams are coming from the almonds, which are a 'good' kind of fat to put in your body.  Plus that's with the sweetened coconut, it would be less with the unsweetened.)


Today is Saturday and little man's buddy/cousin was over so he was too busy playing to have some of this smoothie.  But this is not the first time I have made it, he loved it when I made it before.

Late last night I was up searching the web trying to figure out how to take better pictures...I was not a success, looks like I'll be up again tonight trying to figure it out!

0 interesting comments: