Monday, January 9, 2012

Gratitudes from November 2011

I mentioned in my previous post that for the month of November I listed 3 things I was grateful for each day (I might have missed a few here and there).  I posted this little note before starting...


"And just to clarify, I am grateful for my family and friends EVERYDAY, especially my  hubbyJames Sherratt, but my list of gratitudes for the month will be silly and simple. Things that specifically I am grateful for on that day. I just wanted everyone to know that so they don't say to themselves "wow isn't she ever grateful for her husband who is 1200 miles away working constantly and missing his family??? Yes I am!"


So here they are....


November 1
The three things I am grateful for today are:
1. heating systems - on cold days like today I'm grateful that I can just flip a switch to bring heat to my house rather than having to chop firewood and then getting a fire started in a fireplace!
2. baby bouncy chairs - Connor is probably thankful for it too :)
3. my laptop computer - I would never be able to spend time online if I had to sit at a desk, Connor would not allow it :)


November 2
I'm grateful for 
1. Bailey giving Asher a bath, 
2. sleeping children 
and 3. my washer and dryer.


November 3
Today I'm grateful for:  
(1) 100 calorie snacks, today I really needed some kind of little snack and the game allows us to have one 100 calorie snack a day.  I love how a lot of the cookie and cracker makers have packaged some of their tasty treats in 100 calorie bags.  
(2) recipes found online.  Sometimes I get so bored with the things I eat and I love that I can just get online to find something new and exciting, and I especially love when I find a recipe that is yummy, like I did today :) 
(3) Skype. with my hubby working so far from home Skype is a lifesaver.  Asher loves talking to his daddy on the computer and it makes it fun for James to watch the boys play and have fun.  Whoever invented Skype was/is a genius!


November 4
Today I am grateful for: 
(1) the wind finally stopping (at 7:30 tonight!), 
(2) Walmart, even though I secretly hate that place, I'm grateful its there with everything I need under one roof.  With a 3yo and a 5 month old that's a huge benefit! and 
(3) the excitement I am feeling for this holiday season, usually I dread it but this year I am feeling festive already.


November 5
Today I am grateful for: 
(1) Subway sandwiches...they are yummy and healthy and someone makes it for me :) 
(2) my Nook, because I can read it even in the dark when I am putting Connor to sleep, I can't do that with regular books! (3) movie channels on DirecTV, I've been watching them half the day!


November 6
Today I am grateful for: 
(1) free days on my Diet Game, I use my free day as a reward for working so hard the rest of the week and when I thought I wasn't going to get my free day because I wasn't going to make my weight I was really sad.  
(2) end of Daylight Savings Time, glad Bailey won't be going to the bus stop in the complete dark anymore.  Its kinda freaky sending my kid out to the bus when its pitch black out at 7:10 in the morning, and 
(3) my ability to bake/cook, I love doing it and I love trying new things, I'm really glad that most of the stuff I make comes out tasty otherwise I would be discouraged and probably wouldn't follow my passion.


November 7
Today I'm grateful for 
(1) my electric blanket...so warm and cozy. 
(2) cute sweatshirts, my favorite thing to wear during the winter is jeans, sweatshirt and tennis shoes, and 
(3) the fact that my hubby is coming home in 8 days!


November 8
Today I am grateful for 
(1) FedEx, they make it easy and cheap to send James goodies from home, 
(2) my DVR, I'd never get to watch a full episode of anything if it weren't for the ability to record it and watch it once all the kids are asleep! Plus the added bonus of being able to fast forward through commercials, and 
(3) the fact that my hubby is coming home in 7 days :)


November 9
Today I am grateful for 
(1) my ability to be a better person tomorrow than I was today, 
(2) Ibuprofen, and 
(3) the fact that James comes home in 6 days.


November 10
Today I am grateful for 
(1) mommy alone time, holy cow did I need that today, 2 1/2 weeks with no time to yourself will drive anyone crazy and I was really close to being there! 
(2) Iced tea, I love it!  and of course 
(3) the fact that James comes home in 5 days! (woohoo we are down to counting on one hand!)


November 11
Today I am grateful for 
(1) US Veterans for all the sacrifices they go through to fight for our freedom. 
(2) greek yogurt, I never realized how much I would like greek yogurt, wish I had tried it earlier!
 (3) the fact that James will be home soon!


November 12
Today I am grateful for 
(1) my washer and dryer, glad they work hard so I don't have to. 
(2) my Cooking Light cookbooks, so many yummy recipes I want to try and I won't feel guilty about eating them! 
(3) the fact that on Wednesday night at this time James will be home!


November 13
Today I am grateful for 
(1) the patience I managed to have with my kids today.  I'm hoping it will carry over to tomorrow, and the rest of the week for that matter. 
(2) losing weight rather than gaining it, even if it is a small amount and 
(3) the fact that James will be home in about 70 hours (that's a estimate, but I'm sure its pretty darn close to accurate!)


November 14
Today I am grateful for 
(1) Disney movies.  Asher just loves watching Finding Nemo right now and I'm glad that he has movies to watch that I don't have to worry about him learning something bad from. 
 (2) bananas, they are the perfect "on the go" food, and 
(3) the fact that James will be home in 48 hours!


November 15
Today I am grateful for 
(1) both of my little boys being asleep by 8:15 tonight! 
(2) the sunnier, warmer weather we had today that allowed me to get out of the house to run, and of course 
(3) the fact that James will be home in less than 24 hours!


November 16
Today I am grateful for 
(1) James finally coming home, 
(2) cheap hotels in Las Vegas and 
(3) Bailey for helping me with the two kids on the drive down to Las Vegas.


November 17
Today I am grateful for
 (1) being home, last night was miserable at the hotel with a 6 month old who is use to being in his own bed in a very quiet room, 
(2) airplanes and automobiles that make getting from one place to another a lot faster then it use to be, and 
(3) the Excursion making it to Las Vegas and back on one tank of gas, especially since it cost me $125 to almost fill it up!


November 18
Today I am grateful for 
(1) all the birthday wishes I received today. 
(2) my in-laws for watching the boys so we could go see Breaking Dawn part 1 and 
(3) our family doctor, Dr. Allen.


November 19
Today I am grateful for 
(1) being able to celebrate my birthday with my family, 
(2) a delicious fish taco recipe that I crave (even though I'm not a big fan of fish) and 
(3) tasting a grocery store cake and knowing that I can do so much better! LOL


November 20
Today I'm grateful for
 (1) lazy Sundays, 
(2) infant Tylenol because my poor little guy is teething and the Tylenol certainly helps him feel a little better, and 
(3) a clean kitchen, having my kitchen a mess makes me crazy, I can't relax until its clean so I'm grateful that right now its nice and tidy.


November 21
....guess I missed this day....

November 22
....and this day....

November 23
Today I am grateful for 
(1) my Bountiful Basket Hostess pack that I purchased on Saturday, it has everything I need for Thanksgiving dinner including tons of fresh herbs which are next to impossible to find here in Cedar City, 
(2) Music! I love listening to music when I'm cooking, especially country music and 
(3) the Netflix app on my phone which is seriously keeping my 3 year old entertained!


November 24
Today I am grateful for 
(1) my family and friends, 
(2) having food on my table and 
(3) the fact that I'm going to bed and not waiting outside some store in the cold to shop with a bunch of crazy people ;)


November 25

Today I am grateful for 
(1) my kitchen being clean after yesterdays mess, 
(2) leftovers,
(3) the movie Christmas Vacation, which I watch every year after Thanksgiving.


November 26
Today I am grateful for 
(1) Christmas music on Pandora, 
(2) leftover turkey to make turkey pot pies out of...Yummy! 
(3) the butternut squash cake recipe I found online a week before Thanksgiving...that cake is so much better than the pumpkin pie I made, its definatly going in the recipe file to make again.


November 27
Today I am grateful for 
(1) lazy Sundays (yes, again),
(2) all of my boys' smiles and laughter and 
(3) my bed because I'm exhausted...good night all!


November 28
....guess I missed this day....

November 29
Today I'm grateful for
 (1) making it home from Las Vegas with help from Bailey, he is an awesome son and big brother! Always so helpful when I need him. 
(2) the way my heart melts when my little boys snuggled up to me when they are sleepy, and 
(3) for James' job interview on Thursday...keep your fingers crossed!


November 30
Today I am grateful for
 (1) having so many things in my life to be grateful for that I can list 3 things a day for 30 days, 
(2) James making it home safe and sound through a snow storm and 
(3) dinner with the girls.

0 interesting comments: