Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Smoothie A Day...part 4

I have to admit that I have been looking forward to this smoothie since yesterday morning.  And because my little sister couldn't understand why I kept putting spinach into my smoothies I left it out of this one...just for you Brannon :)  Honestly, out of all the smoothies I have made so far I'm sure this is the one my family would like the most, (a) because it doesn't have spinach, and (b) because it has coffee.

                          Cup of Joe Smoothie
                               makes 1 serving
1 frozen banana
3 coffee ice cubes (I'm thinking its about 5-6 tablespoons of coffee)
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
1 1/2 tablespoons Kahlua Coffee Flavored Syrup (DaVinci Gourmet brand)
8 dark chocolate chips
1 serving of protein powder (I used vanilla soy protein today)
water

I was really curious as to how many calories and fat were in this smoothie so I calculated it for you (ok, I calculated it for me, but you know you were curious too!)

Calories: 365
(med banana 105, flavored syrup 0, soy milk 50, protein 170, coffee 0, chocolate 40)
Fat grams: 5...yes that says 5!
(banana 0, flavored syrup 0, soy milk 1.75, protein 1.5, coffee 0, chocolate 1.75)


Just think of how much better this is for you then a Starbucks blended drink...check out these numbers I found in an ABC Action News article

* A 16 ounce Starbucks Double Chocolaty Chip Frappucino will cost you 500 calories and 9 grams of fat.
* A 16 ounce McDonald’s McCafe Frappe Mocha will cost you 560 calories and 24 grams of fat.

* Panera’s frozen Mocha will also set you back with 570 calories and 20 grams of fat.
* Dunkin Donuts Mocha Coffee with cream which tips the caloric scales at 14 ounces, 260 calories and 9 grams of fat.


Don't worry, the little man's drink was made without the coffee and with extra chocolate...of course he loved it, he is a chocolate milk fan.


0 interesting comments: