Thursday, January 28, 2010

Days 4 & 5 Biggest Loser Recipes

Doing two days at once here, I'm falling a little behind because this week is a nightmare at school for me. Thankfully today is Thursday and its almost over.


Here are some recent recipes I have made from the Biggest Loser cookbook. I couple of meals we ate out but that's ok, I'm not trying to do them all in a week, just in the next few months or so.

Breakfasts: 1. Kelly's Cottage Cheese and Fruit Parfait: it was good. James really liked it, I thought it was 'good'. Nothing really special about it, just layered cottage cheese with some green apples and blueberries. James gave it a 10, I gave it an 8. Total calories: 174

2.Warm Pumpkin-Pie Cream of Wheat: I liked the idea of having pumpkin pie in the morning...but it didn't really taste like pumpkin pie so I was disappointed. It was missing the whipped cream! LOL Overall it was, again, good. James gave it a 7.5 I gave it an 8. Total calories: 121

Lunches: Matt's "Slap It Together" Turkey-Gauc Sandwich: I liked it, James loved it. The best part about it was that it called for prepared SPICY guacamole and the kind I bought was spicy so it had a lot of flavor. James gave it a 10+ and I gave it a 9. Total calories: 332

Dinner: Sexy Joes (like sloppy joes). SO GOOD! I'm not a big sloppy joe fan myself but this was yummy! The recipe calls for chili sauce but I had no idea what that was or where to get it so I just substituted more tomato sauce and I loved it. James and I both gave it a 10. Total calories: 331
With our Sexy Joes we had Parmesan-Pepper Sweet Potato Fries, also really good! James gave them a 9 and I gave them a 9.5. Total calories: 249 but I think this was with ketchup and we didn't use ketchup so it might have been a little lower.

Dessert: Lisa's Frozen Gramwiches: Couldn't be simpler, take a graham cracker and some flavored cool whip and make a sandwich out of them. They were tasty and so easy that I have to give them a 10! James really liked them too, also gave them a 10. Total calories for 3 sandwiches was 200.

So I think that puts me up to 25 recipes now, only 100 left :)

0 interesting comments: