Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 3 Biggest Loser Recipes

Wow today I was a superstar in the cooking department. I made 6 recipes today! I have to say that I am really surprised at how good most of these recipes taste. I was expecting them to be flavorless and not so great but most of them are really good! (so far, lets not jinx ourselves!)


Breakfast: Boston-Cream Peanut-Butter Breakfast Banana Split, holy cow say that three times fast! LOVED IT! It was easy to make, really tasty and didn't involve any cooking...great for 7 o'clock in the morning. I give it a 9, James gave it an 8. I left for school before he woke up this morning so I left all the stuff out on the counter for him with the cookbook open to the right page. Well I guess James' dad (who comes over to watch Asher for us) actually feed Asher James' Boston Cream Pie yogurt so James had to use a different flavor. Maybe he would've liked it even better with the right flavored yogurt.

Lunch: Champ's Chicken Quesadilla. Very simple ingredients, but kind of a pain to prepare for a quick lunch. First you have to marinate the chicken for 15 minutes, then grill the chicken, then cut it up and then grill the quesadillas. But in the end it was worth it because they were very tasty, and with only tortilla, chicken and cheese I bet it was pretty cheap to make as well. We both gave it a 10!

Snacks: Today I made some snacks. These low calories are kicking James' butt so I had to give him something to snack on in-between meals, plus its better if you eat smaller meals more often then 3 large meals. First snack was Spinach Skinny-Dip, which you serve with cut up veggies. The first thing James said when he took a bite was "its missing cheese", I had to laugh, of course its missing the cheese, that's where all the fat is! Needless to say it wasn't nearly as good as Parmesan Spinach dip that you get at Applebees but it was ok. James gave it a 6, I give it a 6 also. But I probably won't make it again.
Second snack was Lemon-Poppy Seed Mini Muffins. These were really yummy. A little chewy compared to other muffins but the flavor is wonderful. James gives them a 10 and I give them a 9. At only 34 calories and just a trace of fat per muffin its hard to give them anything lower than a 9!

Dinner: Thai Ground-Chicken Salad. Ok first off, mine didn't have ground chicken in it because I already had chicken breasts here so I just cut it up into tiny little pieces...worked perfectly. Also the recipe calls for cashews and I thought I had some at home but turned out someone ate them all so I used almonds instead. I think the cashews would've been better but the salad was good as I made it. James liked it a lot. He gave it a 9. I'm already sick of salads so I was fighting to get the last few bites down. But don't get me wrong, it was really tasty, I just get to a point where I can't eat another salad and I'm at that point already. The dressing was a little spicy but full of flavor. I give it an 8, the dressing was burning my lips from the lime juice, I had to mark it down for that reason LOL!

Dessert: Iced Buffed Mocha...what a disappointment this was. It had very little flavor and since I was having issues with my Bullet Blender I was annoyed by the time it came to drink it and didn't enjoy it at all! I have to say though that I didn't follow the recipe very well so it could've been my own fault it didn't taste well. First it wanted instant coffee but instead I used coffee from a pot, also it wanted chocolate soy milk but I had accidentally bought vanilla so I added a little fat-free chocolate syrup instead. Anyway, James gave it a 5, and the 5 is because it had whipped cream on it, without the whipped cream it would've scored lower LOL!!!!! But I'm with him, I think a 5 is being generous, I'd say a 4. But out of fairness I'll have to try it again with the proper ingredients to see if its better.

Calorie count:
Breakfast: 294
Lunch: 242 plus we had a little side salad with fat-free poppy seed dressing
Snacks: Dip 21 per 2-Tablespoons (w/o veggies)
Mini-Muffins 34 each
Dinner: 333
Dessert: 127

For me, since I had maybe one serving of the dip and 3 muffins, my total for the day was about 1200. I'm not sure how many muffins or how much dip James had so I don't know his total but I'm sure it wasn't much more than mine. And I'm full, I didn't feel hungry at all today except right after my workout, which is not a surprise since it had been 4.5 hours since I had eaten breakfast.

Running total: 15 recipes made so far, out of 125!

1 interesting comments:

The Roberts Family said...

Wow! I think that I am going to have to get this recipe book! Everything I make is packed with fat and calories. I'm having a really hard time finding low calorie foods, that taste good. This book sounds perfect!