Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 2 of Biggest Loser Recipes


Alrighty....4 more recipes tried today, here is the low-down on them.


For breakfast we had Better Blueberry Pancakes. I liked them, didn't love them but they were good. I put sugar-free syrup on them and I'm thinking I would've enjoyed them more without the syrup. I would give them a 6, James gives them a 10 which really surprises me, I didn't think he really cared for them.

For lunch we were out of the house down in St George so we had Subway...yummy but not in the Biggest Loser cookbook :) hehe.

For dinner we had Sweet-and-Spicy Pork Tenderloin and Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower...YUMMY!!!! Both of them were really good. I was surprised at how good the cauliflower was, because I am not a big fan of cauliflower at all. The tenderloin was spicy but so good, it had a glaze on it that was kinda sweet so it was a great contrast to the spiciness. I give both of them a 10! James gives them "a 9 or 10, they were big hits with me"

For dessert we had Marty's Creamy Pineapple Sorbet and it too was YUMMMMMY!!!! It was very easy to make and the basic concept is easy enough to switch the flavors around a little and make something completely different. All I did was throw some frozen fruit (for this one it was pineapples) into the blender with some fat-free flavored yogurt and little lemon juice and blended! You serve it right away, it doesn't have to sit in the freezer or anything. My only complaint was that because there is hardly any liquid in it I had a difficult time getting it to blend but other than that it was easy as pie! I give it a 9 and James gives it a 9.

Calorie count for these dishes:
Breakfast: 140
Dinner: Pork 221 Cauliflower 32.5 (I didn't realize the recipe was one serving and only made one of it so James, Josten and I split the one serving in 3rds which made it only 32.5 calories each!!!) Dinner total 253.5
Dessert: 78

Total Biggest Loser recipe calories: 471.5

For dinner we also had a big portion of salad with very low-fat dressing on it so I'm guessing that's another 50-60 calories and then we had lunch at subway. James had a few other snacks throughout the day but not me!!!! I'm way proud of myself (and James too).

So, as far as these recipes go I would cook them all again except maybe not the pancakes. They weren't all that great, but I might try them one more time without the syrup to see if they are any better. I'm willing to share these recipes with anyone who wants them, so if you do just email (rhonda1118@gmail.com) me which ones you want and I'll get them over to you.

Well that's 9 out of 125 recipes so far! Woohoo I'm flying through!

0 interesting comments: