Monday, March 16, 2009

A Week in California

Last Saturday, which would've been the 7th of March, I decided to load up the kids and head down to California with James for a quick visit. Bailey is moving to his dad's on the 21st and some of his grandparents wanted to see him before he left. I hadn't originally planned on staying as long as I did, I was going to come home Saturday but we only made it home a few hours ago. Asher didn't sleep well at all the whole time we were there. I'm not sure what the deal is with him but he woke up several times each night wanting to eat. He must've gained 10 pounds just in the week we were down there. I'll find out tomorrow, he has his 9 month check up tomorrow morning.

So we didn't do a whole lot in CA while we were there but we did have a great time. We were able to get the keys to the house we are leasing and were able to move the few things James had down there already into the house. We actually slept there all but two of the nights. It was fun for the kids to run around the empty house. And its on a golf course so that was a lot of fun for them too. My niece, Cailin, hung out with us from Thursday until Sunday afternoon. It was great having her and Bailey spend some good time together before he moves. I think she is really going to miss him.

We went out with a bunch of family members Wednesday night for dinner. That was a blast. Asher wasn't feeling well at all though so we cut the evening short. He cut his 8th tooth while we were in California...YES I SAID 8!!!! Saturday our friends Brian and Jessie came to stay with us from Vegas. Brian and my dad are in talks right now to maybe open up a plumbing business together. I hope they do it, it would be so awesome to have Brian and Jessie move to California! That night we went to a bar called Angels and watched my step-brother's band play. He is the drummer. They are an 80's cover band and they were awesome!!! I can't wait to see them again.

Sunday we got up and went to our new ward. It was really strange going to a ward with people I went to high school with. Well, actually, not people I went to school with, but their parents. I wasn't a member when I was in high school so it should be interesting when everyone learns I'm now a member :) The ward seems great. I didn't notice to many young women/men in the ward, but there seemed to be a good number of younger kids and infants. I'm excited to get to know my new ward.

Oh and while I was in CA I received an email from a scrapbook designer that I just love, Stacey, and she asked me to be on her creative team. I had applied for the position a few weeks ago but didn't make it at first. I guess one of the other girls had too much on her plate and had to quit so she asked me!!! I'm so excited. Here are two layouts I did while in California using one of her newest kits, Spring Breeze. You can find her BLOG HERE and her STORE HERE.

1 interesting comments:

Stacey Towers said...

Wow girl! I didn't even know you were moving to California! Now who am I going to live in Utah through? lol did that even make sense? lol I am sure you will love your new ward...how cool that you already know some of them! Hope the move goes/went smoothly!! I am glad to have you on my team!! yay!