Thursday, March 26, 2009

Catch up

Well I'm gonna try and play catch up right now. It's been a very long time since I posted so here I go...


We moved to California! We packed up the moving truck Friday the 20th of March (our 5th anniversary) and drove to Vegas, we stayed with our good friends The Gunnies (according to Bailey even though their last name is Roberts). We got up Saturday morning and I had to take Bailey to the airport (see the next paragraph for that explanation). James, his parents and Kasey (our nephew) drove straight through to Riverside. We were lucky enough to have my dad, my cousin Jeff and my cousin-in-law Mark come help us unload the truck. And my step mom Kimmie was nice enough to plan dinner for all of us so that we didn't have to worry about it. She made us steak, baked potatoes and a salad...yum-o!

So, yes, Bailey moved to his dad's house :( :( :( :( <~~~lots of sad faces! I had to take him to the airport in Las Vegas. We were running a little late (according to Bailey we are always running late). We got to the ticket counter with 1 hour and 15 minutes before his plane left and the line was HUGE!!! I tried to get us up there faster by pleading my case, after all I did have a 10 year old moving to his dads, a 9 month old who was hungry and sleepy, and I was an emotional reck! But no one seemed to care. Luckily we made it to the front of the line quicker than I thought we would. Security was pretty easy to get through also, thank goodness. The real mess came when we got to the gate and had to check in there. Since Bailey is under 12 he is considered and "UM" Unaccompanied Minor. So we have to check in at the gate to get his pass to travel alone. The flight was full, but we had a ticket so we were ok...or so we thought. I get to the front, hand the guy the ticket and he gives me this weird look and tells me to hold on. He then gets on the microphone and announces that he is looking for someone to give up their seat on this flight for compensation. I freak...are you telling me that Bailey doesn't have a seat on this flight even though we purchased it already??? Aparently! The plane began to load, they loaded sections A, B and part of C before someone finally decided to give up their seat. They gave the guy $200, plus the cost of his ticket, plus he flew on a later flight for free! How come I'm never in that position?? So Bailey was pretty close to the last one on the flight, he made it there safe and sound...but his bagage didn't. I guess he didn't get his bags until a day and a half later. Poor guy. So he seems to be excited to start school there. It kills me, but I hope he is happy. I understand that a 10 year old needs to have his dad around, I just hope he still needs his mom!

Asher had to go to the dentist Friday before we left Utah. He has his 9 month check up and while I was there I asked about his teeth, the tips are yellow. Its actually really weird. My doctor thought that they might have been rotten so he sent me to the dentist. The dentist told me that 6 of his 8 teeth have cavaities on them. Now he has to have fillings or they will become painful soon. Since he is so little they have to put him to sleep in order to do this whole process. He is scheduled to have it done the 30th of April. I guess his teeth came in so early that they didn't have time to become as strong as most kids teeth are. I'll keep everyone posted on this crazy situation as it goes.

I'm loving California! The weather is wonderful, our house is perfect size. We have started a garden in the backyard and we've painted the kitchen. I'll post some pictures in a few days (probably in the form of a scrapbook page). However, ask me if I'm still loving it in 3 months when everything is brown and ugly and its very hot! But for now I'll take 75 degrees over snow! :) Stay tuned for some scrapbook pages I have done but am too exhausted to post right now...

OH I ALMOST FORGOT...I was picked for the a CT at Brownie Scraps. That's the one I was competeing for. I'm so excited. I'll be a CT for Scrappin Daisies, she is one of the designers over there. Anyway...you can check out the site here.

2 interesting comments:

The Roberts Family said...

I'm glad to hear that everything went okay at the airport and with the move! When does Asher get his teeth fixed?

Nani said...

I agree with you about 75 degrees over snow - any day! :)

I’m sure Bailey will ALWAYS need his Mom! That part of moving has to be hard. I know it was rough for me when my nieces (for whom I took the Mom role when they lost their Mom very young) moved to the other side of the same state.

I’m glad you’re lovin' the new home so far! Keep us posted about Asher’s teeth! Poor little guy! :(