Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crazy television!

So last night I watched some crazy stuff on TV. First I watched the finale of The Bachelor. I have never watched this show before but there wasn't really anything else on that interested me so I watched. Now I know why I don't watch it. How UNrealistic is it to believe you can fall in love with someone and want to marry them in about 2 months time? And that's not counting the fact that during this time you are dating 12 different women, it would be hard enough just dating 1 and determining you want to marry them. AND THEN to top it off even more...the guy picks a girl and in another 6 weeks determines that he doesn't in fact love her but is in love with the one he dumped?!?!?! COME ON!!!! AND SHE TOOK HIM BACK???? OH MY GOSH!!!! Both of those girls should've stood up, slapped him and then walked out.

So after that fun (eye roll) experience I watched the evening news...depressing, the stock market had its all time low in what...12 years, the economy is just getting scarier and scarier. Utah did get a new area code up north, 358 (I think), that doesn't effect me but that's exciting. And can you believe the craziness of those football players missing off the coast of Florida, weird! As I was about to turn off the TV the ABC special news show came on (can't remember the name of it) and they had an interview with Rachel Ray. Now I love Rachel Ray, her recipes are easy and quick and usually pretty cheap to make. Her 30-minutes Meals was the first show I started to watch on the Food Network. But then they moved to the part of the story where she posed for "sexy" pictures for a magazine called FHE? I don't know what FHE is but the pictures...again...COME ON! Let's put it this way...she should just stick to cooking! I finally turned the TV off after that, and to be honest, I'm kinda afraid to turn it back on for fear of what silly, crazy, insane stuff they will be talking about!

On a happier note I am currently competing for a chance to be a CT over at browniescraps.com. Its exciting. For three weeks I have to complete 2 layouts a week with kits from their store (I get them for free YAY!) So in the end I'll have 6 new kits to play with and maybe access to the whole store (if I win). Anyway, here is my first of 2 layouts for this week...I hope everyone loves it as much as I do.



















Credits:
Mom & Her Girls (I knew when I saw this kit that I had to do a layout with my mom, when I was growing up her favorite color was purple!)
Kit: Enchanted Twilight by Dreamers Magic Designs
Layout: by me of course!

1 interesting comments:

The Roberts Family said...

Very cute layout! I love it! My bet is that you will win. Hands down!

I agree with you 100% on the TV rant. I feel like everytime I turn it on my IQ drops. So many stupid shows! Or I watch the news and get depressed. I finally started only watching LOST and the History Channel. Although LOST is really getting on my nerves too... but that is nothing new!