Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Festivities

Its Monday at 10:15pm and I'm sitting here thinking what a jam-packed, exciting weekend it was for us. I thought I'd share it with the blog world.


It all started Friday after work/school when James and I decided to head down to St George for the evening. We like to drive down there once in a while, eat out some place we don't have in Cedar and just take in the busy-ness (that's not really a word is it?) of St George. We had a good time, just the 3 of us, hanging out. We finally made it home just before 10pm.

Saturday morning James had to head back up to Brian Head for work. My good friend Patti had mentioned to me that they were having a baby contest at the Iron County Fair and that she was taking her adorable little boy Jacoby and asked if we wanted to join them. So after sleeping in until a little after 8, Asher and I rushed to make it to the fair ground in time for registration.
Here is a picture of Asher, wasn't he the cutest??? He didn't win though :(. After the contest I took Asher to the petting zoo and for his first ever ride on the Merry-Go-Round. I don't have any pictures of these events because the camera decided to stage a protest and stopped taking pictures! UGH!!!! After that fun we went up the hill and met James for lunch. It was so nice up in Brian Head, I love it up there when its so hot in Cedar. I did notice that the leaves are starting to change color...woohoo bring on Fall, my favorite time of year! Later that evening we headed back to the fair to watch the rodeo. Our nephew Cody rode a BULL!!!! He is a crazy kid! He didn't stay on very long, but like James keeps telling him, "Dude, I'd never get on one, you did awesome just by sitting on the darn thing!" After the rodeo James took Asher for another ride on the Merry-Go-Round
(which of course the camera was working for...so here is a
picture!) After that long day we were all exhausted, we finally made it home around 9:30. Asher went to sleep and James and I stayed up doing a little homework.

Sunday started out kind of lazy. James built some new shelves in our closet...we so needed it. Then we went to church at 1 for a family members confirmation. After church we went over to Aunt Mary's house for a dinner, that was a lot of fun. I have to admit I wasn't really looking forward to going over, but I had the best time chatting with everyone. Aunt Mary makes me
laugh, she has the best gossip! :) hehe! Once we got home from Aunt Mary's we sat down and watched a movie, and then off to bed because we had a big Monday morning to prepare for.

Today (Monday-Labor Day) we woke up at 7 and got ready to run the Iron County Fair 5K! At the beginning of the summer James and I decided to train to run at 5K at the end of the summer. Well training didn't go so well but we did run! Although neither of us ran the whole thing we did finish (and we weren't even last!) After the run we came home, showered and went to lunch with James' parents, then it was back to the fair we went. The horse races started at 1 and we barely made it in time for the first race. I'm pretty sure those were the first horse races
I had ever been to and I LOVED them. How fun! I can't wait to go to another one. After the horse races we went in search for funnel cakes...yummmm! By this time Asher was exhausted and ready for a nap so we headed home.
While Asher was asleep James and I watched 88 Minutes. I really liked that movie...it was intense! Around 5:45pm we headed out again, this time we went to a park in Cedar City to meet our good friends the Wellers for a picnic and kite flying. James bought two really adorable kites at the fair and Cedar is the perfect place for
kite flying, its always windy here! What a great way to end a really fun holiday weekend. Here are some pictures of the kite flying.
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot to mention that one of the kites got stuck in a tree and Josten had to climb it to help get it out, and then Josten fell out of the tree! Nothing is ever boring with us!










I had such a great weekend! I hope everyone else did as well...now its off to get some homework done!

0 interesting comments: