Monday, December 21, 2009

Just a few more days to go...

Ok, so back in January (2009) I posted about my New Year's goals (not resolutions). Then in April I did a little update on how I was doing up until that point (text in blue), now that it is only a few days away from the end of 2009 I thought I'd revisit these goals and see how I did (green text), I'm a little scared, I know I didn't do well at all!

Family Goals:
1. Only move once! HA! if you know us you'll know that's a tough goal for us! Well we've moved once already, now let's see if you we can stay here the rest of the year!! So we didn't stay in CA for very long. So in 2009 we moved from Enoch to Riverside and then back to Enoch. Oh well, better luck next year.


2. Family dinners every Sunday, I like this goal, it keeps our family together and helps us to stay in touch with what is happening with all our kids. This one is harder to keep now that we are in CA and the rest of the family is in UT or IN. James and I do eat together every Sunday though (and we bring Asher along with us) Family dinners have not worked out for us. Our family is so spread out now that they are growing up and moving on to bigger and better things. Plus most of this year was spend with James driving back down to Southern California on Sunday nights.


3. Save $$! YEAH RIGHT!!! ( I have no comment for this one right now!) Still no comment for this goal.

Creative Goals:
1. 200 Digital Scrapbook pages by Dec 31! I think I have 9 done already...woohoo I'm doing awesome on this goal! So far I've created 70 layouts, and it's only April. I'm not sure where I stand on this goal. I know back in June I had over 100 but when school started in August I stopped creating scrapbook pages. I have created so many that I've had to save them on disks and take them off my computer because they were taking up too much memory. I'll count them when I get back to Utah.


2. Project 365. Take a picture a day for 2009, I started a little late so I'm actually doing Project 360 hehe.Still going strong here also! Another project that completely stopped when I started school, I'm sad to say. I might try it again in 2010.

Personal Goals:
1. Lose the baby weight, get to 145 lbs before our Family Vacation (I think we are shooting for May) Not sure if we are doing the family vacation, but I still have about 7 more pounds left to lose. So I got below 145 right before I came down here (Riverside) for Christmas Break, but I'm pretty sure I've gained it all back since I got here :(


2. Read 10 books this year...almost a book a month, that shouldn't be to hard for me. Ok so I didn't think this one would be hard to accomplish but I haven't picked up a book yet...yikes! I better get on that. I've read 3 books for pleasure but that's it! When school started I didn't have time for reading for pleasure, but I did read a lot of school books, does that count??

I have a new goal to add here under personal goals
3. Run a 5k at the end of the summer. I started my training yesterday! WOOOHOOO I actually completed this goal! James and I did the 5K during the Iron County Fair. I didn't run the whole thing but we did finish it, next year I'll have a goal of finishing it faster then this last time. That shouldn't be to hard to accomplish since it took me 34 minutes the first time!


Is it completely sad that I've only completed 1 of my goals! And it wasn't even an original goal that I started the year off with. UGH! Well good thing there is always next year. I can't believe the year is almost over! It seems like just the other day I was first writing down those goals for the year. CRAZY!!!!!!


0 interesting comments: