Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Beautiful Day...

And just because I think its fun to watch music videos here is the video for U2's Beautiful Day.


It's been a crazy day today. Usually my Tuesday's start off with cleaning the house, doing laundry and hanging out with Asher. I don't have school on Tuesday's so its my day to catch up on stuff at home. However, my dad came into town last night and stayed the night with us so we could go get his Ford F350 and Jeep Wrangler inspected because both had registration that was due the end of September! This morning I woke up, quickly fed Asher and off we went to Tunex to get the cars inspected. Finally around 10 the truck was done so I headed home with Asher so he could take a nap. I told my dad I would come over to Panguitch later so I could take pictures of the park and get them up on the website for potential buyers to look at. James was back up in Brian Head today working so I thought, "hey why not go through Brian Head, have lunch with James, then head down to Panguitch? After all the leaves are changing and it will be a nice drive." So that was my plan. At noon Asher and I headed to Brian Head, along the way I stopped to take pictures, only realizing once I was half way up the hill that I was on 1/4 of a tank of gas. No biggie, Jeep says 90 miles to empty, that's plenty to get me to Brian Head and then over to Panguitch. So we had lunch and as I was leaving I asked James, "Ummm, where do I turn off this road to go to Panguitch??" and he said "Just up the hill a little more, there is a sign that tells you which direction Panguitch is." Ok, perfect! Should be easy, I'd never been that way to Panguitch before, normally I just drive north on the 15 until I reach highway 20, over the hill to the 89! So I'm driving and Asher is screaming, not crying, just testing his voice to see how loud he can scream...yikes! I must've turned to look at him at the exact time the sign came into view because I never saw it! I'm driving along, and driving along thinking, gosh it has to be here somewhere! Next thing I know I'm passing Cedar Breaks National Monument! Ok I know I've done something wrong now. And to top it all off, the Jeep now shows 30 miles to empty! UT OH!!!!! So I begin to panic, because of course, I have AT&T and they don't have cell service up the mountain!!! Now I'm beginning to wonder if I should turn around and head back to Brian Head or if I should keep going. I kept going and ended up at the 14, the highway that goes up Cedar Mountain. Luckily I have been up in that area so much that I knew Cedar City was only about 20 miles away and with 25 miles left until empty I was relieved! So I never made it to Panguitch today, guess I'll have to go Thursday or maybe Saturday. But it wasn't a complete waste, I did get these adorable pictures of Asher...on this very BEAUTIFUL DAY in Utah. I am posting these pictures for all of you who aren't lucky enough to live in Utah, this is why Fall is my favorite season of all!!!

1 interesting comments:

The Roberts Family said...

Lol! What an adventure! The pics are beautiful! It makes me miss fall in Utah! Alot. I just have to remember that I don't miss the winters!!! I think every season but winter is my favorite!