Friday, January 18, 2008

How it all got started!

James was asking me last night why I decided to start a family blog. Earlier in the day when we were at lunch I was telling him about this amazing story I happened upon while reading the message boards on babyfit.com. It was about this couple, a young couple, living in New Zealand. They were pregnant with their second child and at their 20-week ultra sound they found out that their son had something wrong with him and probably wouldn't make it to term. The woman decided to carry him as long as she could. The beginning of this month she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, not only did she make it full-term, she in fact had him after her due date. The problem is that he probably will not live long; he wasn't expected to make it but a few hours after birth. He is now on Day 11! I have been following their story through her blog. It's amazing and it inspired me to do the same. In a way its a journal about your family that you can share with anyone who is interested. For me, I will print out these blogs and save them for my future generations to read. Its a lot easier then writing in a journal every night.

If you are interested in reading more about the family and little boy I was telling you about you can read her blog at this address, there are also pictures of her little boy:
http://mnssams.blogspot.com/

So on a lighter note....IT'S FRIDAY!! Wooohooo! We don't have any special plans this weekend. A friend of ours, Mark Weller, turns 40 today (shhh don't tell him I told you!) so we are hoping to get together with Mark and Patti to celebrate his birthday, maybe have them over for dinner and to play some games. Other than that it should be pretty quiet around our house, which will be a nice change. Last night was pretty boring too. James and the boys really like to watch Smallville but it has been re-runs for so long because of the writers strike that we are watching re-runs of re-runs...its getting ridiculous! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.


Oh, by the way...Doug...you are such a geek! Once James told me he had sent you the link to this I knew it was you that left that comment! Hey by the way...those are YOUR RAIDERS that ended the season 4-12 right??? LOSERS! :)

0 interesting comments: