Tuesday, January 22, 2008

After the long weekend!

So, I was planning on keeping this going even through the weekends, but that means getting Bailey off my computer long enough to type something and that just didn't seem possible!

The weekend was quiet for our family. Saturday I spent cleaning the kitchen and living room while James and the boys went to play basketball at the church. After that James and I made a quick run to St George to go to Costco, I love Costco! Later that evening we had friends over from church, we had dinner and played Apples to Apples (our new favorite game). Sunday we went to church, watched part of the Green Bay-Giants game (can you believe the Giants won in over time???), and then ate the yummy dinner I made-homemade chili with homemade bread bowls, I'm very proud of myself! I was actually planning on coming to work on Monday, but with so little to do and everyone else hanging out at home I decided to do the same. James' truck batteries (yes he has two of them) both stopped working so we ran into town to get him some new ones, luckily they were under warranty! Other than that we didn't do too much. I had a headache off and on all day, so I spent most of the day laying on the couch or napping in the bedroom. Dad was on his way back to Panguitch from Riverside and stopped by for dinner, that was fun. We were all watching Deal or No Deal...who else is addicted to that show? I want to be on it, who doesn't?
So we have this cat, Cubby. For those of you who don't know, we found her in our 5th wheel when she was probably about 3 weeks old, her eyes weren't even open yet. We (by we, I mean ME!) had to feed her with a bottle for a few weeks before she finally learned to eat out of a bowl. Anyway, we've had her now for almost 3 years I think, I think we found her in May of 2005. Cubby is my husbands cat. Even though I fed her and kept her alive she loves James way more then anyone else in the house. Here are some pictures of her, she is true to her name, she loves to hide in small little "cubby holes". We actually named her Cubby because of where we found her in the 5th wheel, in the little hole where the plumbing is at! My issue with this cat is this, at nights she wants to go outside. The only problem with this is that I'm the one who has to let her out, she scratches at the sliding door in our bedroom and cries until I open it for her. Do you think she'd stay out all night? Of course not! Instead she wants in and out all night long, usually about 3 times a night. I've threatened to wake James up every time she wants out but he sleeps so soundly that an earthquake wouldn't wake him up. Plus I sleep on the side of the bed with the slider...of course! This has been going on for almost a year now, if not more. I finally told James to go buy one of those cat/dog doors that you can insert into the slider, no cutting holes in doors required, it just slides in and then the slider closes up against it. It was perfect! Cubby learned to use it within one night, she was going in and out all she wanted and I was sleeping...YEAH FOR ME! Then Sunday night happened...you see, the slider didn't seal up very well against the cat door insert. James said he had the perfect stuff to use to seal it up on one of his jobs and was going to bring it home the next time he was out there. Which was fine, it was a little chilly at nights but we have a electric blanket that kept us very warm. But not Sunday night...Sunday night it was really really windy so the very cold air was blowing in through all the little cracks that weren't sealed yet plus through the cat door itself! Now, until James can get out to that job and get the stuff to seal the door, I'm back to letting the cat in and out 3 times a night and not sleeping! UGH. And last night was the biggest pain ever! She'd scratch at the door, then when I'd finally climb out of bed to let her out she'd just stand there and look out, then decide she didn't want out and walk into the living room. Anyway, hopefully James makes it out to that job today so I can go back to sleeping through the night!

0 interesting comments: