Saturday, March 27, 2010

A new hobby

Well, on Friday, April 2nd Jade will be 1. I can't believe she is going to be 1 already. Anyway, I have two boys, so I've never been able to make a girly birthday cake. So, I begged Jadeth to let me make her birthday cake, I didn't have to beg long, it was more like "can I make it?" and Jadeth said "umm, yeah".


I recently heard about marshmallow fondant, I've worked with regular fondant once in my life and I hated the taste of it and had no desire to ever put it on a cake again. So I thought I'd try this out. Well I had to make a practice cake this weekend to make sure it would work out right for next weekend. Here is my practice cake!

1 interesting comments:

The Roberts Family said...

Awesome cake!!! I love it! I can't believe that Jade is 1 already! You guys are so blessed to have such beautiful kids AND a beautiful grandchild (although I still can't see you as a "grandma" - you are much to young!!!).